ADMISSION OF UNDERGRADUATE/DE STUDENTS FOR 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION
WHY ABUAD IS THE FIRST CHOICE FOR CANDIDATES IN SEARCH OF QUALITY AND FUNCTIONAL EDUCATION
1. ABUAD FOUNDED BY ACCOMPLISHED UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATOR
ABUAD is founded by Aare Afe Babalola, OFR, CON, SAN, LL.D (Lond.), LL.D (Lagos), a self-made man; an acclaimed university administrator; the first and the only holder of LL.D (honoriscausa) of the University of London in Africa in March, 2015; the former Pro-Chancellor of University of Lagos and Winner of NUC’s the Best Pro-Chancellor Award (twice) in Nigeria and the Former Chairman, Committee of Pro-Chancellors of Nigeria Universities, Winner of African Man of the Year in Education in 2014 as well as the 2016 African Leadership Magazine’s recipient of the award for Pioneering Excellence & Innovation in Tertiary Education in Africa.
(i) Consistent, predictable and assured academic calendar
(ii) 100% FULL accreditation by NUC National Universities Commission and Professional Bodies in all 47 programmes including seven (7) programmes in Engineering, Law, Medicine and Health Sciences, Accounting, Computer Science, Media & Communication, International Relations and Social Justice.
(iii) No. 1 Best Private University in Google Scholar ranking, No 2 Best Private University in Repository Ranking and No 2 Best Private University out of 68 Private Universities in Nigeria by Webometrics Ranking (January 2018).
3. UNPRECEDENTED LANDMARK ACHIEVEMENTS IN ACADEMICS
(i) Has graduated 5 sets of students in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
(ii) In addition to their university degrees, students obtain professional certification in Banking and Finance (ACIB), Accounting (ICAN), ICT, Marketing (NIMN), Computer Science (CPN), Engineering (NSE andCOREN ), Nursing Science (NRN , NRM , RPHN)and Medical Laboratory Science (FIRST AND FINAL PROFESSIONAL EXAM ).
(iii) Compulsory certificate in one foreign language by all students (Chinese or French)
(iv) Best female engineering student from ABUAD – Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria
(v) 2nd overall best student from ABUAD by ICAN (ATSWA)
(vi) Best brain award by Nigeria Trust Award
(vii) Best University Law Faculty Award – Institute of Government Research and Leadership Technology, 2012
(viii) The computer Professionals Registration Council in 2013 designated ABUAD as Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security.
(ix) Students in College of Law reputed the Best in West Africa recorded First Class and Second Upper in Nigerian Law School, 100% in Nursing examination, 100% in Laboratory Technology examination, 98% in Medicine (MBBS) etc.
(x) The Engineering College is acknowledged as Template for Engineering education in Nigeria by Nigeria Society of Engineers in Nigeria.
4. INTERNSHIP, SCHOLARSHIP AND OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
(i) Internship opportunities for students in Nigeria (Pan Ocean), USA, England, China and Germany.
(ii) Fulbright scholarship available for students and teachers
(iii) Students and teachers exchange programme available in highly ranked world universities in Brazil, USA, Germany, China, England South Africa, France and UAE as well as Canada.
(iv) Center for Mechanical Laboratory by CES Industries of America.
(v) Scholarship Dragnet Solutions Limited.
(vi) Annual Scholarships by Pan Ocean Oil Corporation.
(vii) Annual Scholarships by Zartech Limited.
(viii) Annual Scholarship training in Chinese language in Chinese University.
(ix) Reduction of 50% tuition fees available for students studying Agriculture who are also entitled to take-off grant after graduation.
(x) Annual Scholarships for ABUAD Teachers and Students totaling N7million in 2011, N17.5million in 2012, N32million in 2013, N35million in 2014 in N42million in 2015, N45 million in 2016, and N72million in 2017.
(xi) Agbami Medical and Engineering professional scholarship by Chevron, Star Deep Petroleum Limited and Partners.
5. ULTRAMODERN STRUCTURES
(i) State-of-the-art talent discovery building housing 26 sporting facilities and 15 skills.
(ii) Ultra-modern structures housing beautiful colleges, hostels and other utilities.
(iii) Fully residential quarters for staff and students.
(iv) State-of-the-art Multi-System Hospital.
6. Robust Parents/Teachers Consultative Forum.
7. Freedom of religion.
8. Accreditation by NUC – 47 programmes are fully accredited.
9. National and International Acknowledgement and Scorecard – See ABUAD 8-year Scorecard and Milestone at ABUAD website – www.abuad.edu.ng
(9 Months – Admission into 100 Level) (Visit Afe Babalola International Study Centre, Ibadan, Oyo State to collect Form. Click http://abisc.org.ng/contact-us/ to contact International Study Centre)
DEGREE FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (18 Months-Direct Entry into 200 Level) Visit Afe Babalola International Study Centre, Ibadan, Oyo State to collect form. Click http://abisc.org.ng/contact-us/ to contact International Study Centre
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES – Accredited Programmes
(1) COLLEGE OF LAW
(i) LL.B Law – 5years
(2 ) COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
(i) Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.S) – 6 years,
(ii) B.Sc. Nursing Sciences – 5 years
(iii) Medical Laboratory Science (B.MLS) – 5 years
(iv) B.Sc. Anatomy – 4 years
(v) B.Sc. Physiology – 4 years
(vi) B.Sc. Human Nutrition and Dietetics – 4 years
(vii) B.Sc. Pharmacology – 4 years
(viii) B. Sc. Public Health – 4 years
(3 ) COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (5 years)
(i) B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering
(ii) B.Eng. Mechatronic Engineering
(iii) B.Eng. Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
(iv) B.Eng. Petroleum Engineering
(v) B.Eng. Civil Engineering
(vi) B.Eng. Chemical Engineering
(vii) B.Eng. Computer Engineering
(viii) B.Eng. Agricultural Engineering
(ix) B.Eng. Biomedical Engineering
(x) B.Eng. Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
NB: College has 37 Laboratories and is acknowledged as Template for Engineering Education in Nigeria. The College has also won international competitions for invention in Seattle, US and London, England.
(4) COLLEGE OF SCIENCES (4 years)
(i) B.Sc. Microbiology
(ii) B.Sc. Human Biology
(iii) B.Sc. Biotechnology
(iv) B.Sc. Biochemistry
(v) B.Sc. Chemistry
(vi) B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
(vii) B.Sc.Computer Science
(x) B.Sc. Physics with Electronics
(xi) B.Sc. Physics
(xii) B.Sc. Petroleum Chemistry
(5)COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (4 years)
(i) B.Sc. Economics
(ii) B.Sc. Accounting
(iii) B.Sc. Banking and Finance
(iv) B.Sc. Business Administration
(v) B.Sc. Tourism and Events Management.
(vi) B.Sc. Political Science
(vii) B.Sc. International Relations and Diplomacy
(viii) B.Sc. Peace and Conflict Studies
(ix) B.Sc. Intelligence and Security Studies
(x) B.Sc. Social Justice
(xi) B.Sc. Communication and Media Studies
(xii) B.Sc. Marketing
(xiii) B.Sc. Entrepreneurship
(xiv) B.Sc. Sociology
(6) COLLEGE OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES (4 years)
(i) B. A. Philosophy
(ii) B. A. English
(iii) B. A. History and International Studies
(iv) B. A. Linguistics
(7) COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE (5 years)
(i) B. Agric. Animal Science
(ii) B. Agric. Agricultural Economics
(iii) B. Agric. Extension Education
(iv) B. Agric. Crop Science
(v) B. Agric. Soil Science
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
1.0 PURCHASE OF APPLICATION FORMS
Candidates who chose ABUAD in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are to pay the sum of N2, 000 into any of the under-listed banks with Undergraduate Account Number while Postgraduate Application form is also N10, 500 and to be paid into the Postgraduate School Account Number
2.0 CHANGE OF INSTITUTION
1. Candidates who did not choose Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are also qualified to participate in the Post UTME screening of the University purchasing Change of Institution form from JAMB and N2,000 for the Post UTME Form into any of the under-listed banks:.
2. Admission into ABUAD for Non Direct Entry Candidates is subject to successful passing of the UTME Examination and the Post-UTME screening.
3. Candidates awaiting SSCE results or its equivalent can also apply for admission provided the result will be available at resumption in August, 2018.
BANK UNDERGRADUATE POSTGRADUATE
• Wema Bank 0122718841
• Union Bank 0061954679
• UBA Plc 1020297573 1020298532
• Sterling Bank Plc 0064784459 0064790070
DIRECT ENTRY/INTER UNIVERSITY TRANSFER REQUIREMENTS
(i) Candidates can apply for Direct Entry with HND, ND, JUPEP, IJMB or IGCSE (A-LEVEL).
(ii) Direct Entry form from JAMB is required to be eligible for admission into Afe Babalola University, Ado – Ekiti (ABUAD)
(iii) Direct Entry/Inter University Transfer admissions are also available for all courses listed above except Law, Medicine and Surgery, and Nursing Science.
(iv) Applicants for DIRECT ENTRY are to pay the sum of N2,000 into any of the designated Banks and obtain the application form at any of the designated selling points. .
(v) NOTE: That Bank Tellers are to be presented along with the completed registration form(s) at the Post UTME Screening Centers.
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE
(i) Click on https://admissions.abuad.edu.ng/ to fill the online form and to make online payment
(ii) Download the Application Form Online on the University Website
POST-UTME SCREENNG CENTRE
(i) The Screening Centre and Date will be communicated later.
(ii) NOTE: There shall be No written examination.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES
1. Visit http://abuad.edu.ng or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
2. Send a letter to the Office of the Registrar, Afe Babalola University [ABUAD], Ado-Ekiti. OR
3. Call the following numbers: 08127772121, 08034402771, 07039647532, 08038521163, and 08033509150.
4. For Postgraduate Programmes call 08033262920, 07032366407, 08137649067
IMPORTANT NOTICE – FRAUDSTERS!!!.
1. Because of FRUADSTERS, Applicants should call the following contacts ONLY 08127772121, 08034402771, 07039647532, 08038521163, and 08033509150 and do not ENTERTAIN ANY CALL from ANYBODY DIFFERENT from the Phone Numbers listed above.
2. Applicants should use the designated bank accounts with the University Name above only as payment made into any wrong or fraudulent account is at the applicant’s risk.
Lady Christie Oluborode
- Man Reveals The Strange Thing He Does, Each He’s at Home Without his Girlfriend (Photo)
- Microsoft Co-Founder, Paul Allen Dies Of Cancer, He was Bill Gates Best Friend
- Disappointed Woman Murders Caterer With Words, After Seeing the Cake She Made for her Daughter (Photo)
- Gym Instructor Caught Sleeping With Married Woman, Gets Battered (Video)
- Sen. President, Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign