A welder , Adebisi Kayode , has said he made about N 1. 2m from impersonating a police inspector .
Kayode , who was paraded by the Oyo State Police Command in Eleyele, Ibadan, was said to have defrauded his victims by telling them that he would help them to purchase auction vehicles .
The state Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Odude, who paraded Kayode and other suspected criminals , said , “ This impostor, who is a welder , unlawfully obtained money worth over N 2m from unsuspecting victims under the pretext of helping them to buy auction vehicles and other property from the office of the Special Anti- Robbery Squad.
“ Items recovered from him are handcuffs, horsewhip , identity card, cash and four SIM cards. ”
Kayode told PUNCH Metro that he got the items from a friend who was a policeman .
He said , “ I was arrested two weeks ago . One of my friends , Corporal Sunday, became drunken one day and he could not drive home. I called his mechanic to drive him home.
“ From his car, I took the handcuffs and the horsewhip . I told people that I was a police inspector in order to collect money from them . I have made more than N 1. 2m before I was arrested. ”
- Lawyer and his Wig Stripped up Off at Police Station, Gets Beaten For Trying to Bail His Client (See Photos)
- James Ibori In Trouble As He Loses Appeal Against UK Fraud Conviction
- MOUAU Pre Degree Form – 2018/2019 Announced
- UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Form – 2018/2019 Announced
- FULokoja Admission List Out – 2018/2019 On JAMB CAPS