A 13- year- old boy has said that he received a paltry N 1, 000 out of the N 220, 000 worth of the items he and others now at large stole from a private residence in Ibadan, Oyo State capital.
The unamed boy was arraigned at an Iyaganku Juvenile Court , Ibadan, on Friday, where the judge ordered that he be given four strokes of the cane for stealing a Toshiba laptop valued at N 150, 000 and jewellery worth N 70, 000.
The judge , Mrs. Kehinde Omotosho, who presided over the case , also ordered the minor ’ s father who accompanied him to court to counsel his son .
Omotosho also ordered the minor ’ s father to register him in a public primary school to continue his education .
“ Your father must bring your report card to the court every last Thursday of the month, ” she ordered .
Earlier, the Police Prosecutor , Sgt. Sunday Adeogun , had told the court that the minor and others now at large conspired to commit the offence of stealing.
Adeogun said the minor broke into a house belonging to one Oluwatoyin Akomolafe and stole one Toshiba laptop valued at N 150, 000 and jewellery valued at N 70, 000.
He said the incident of stealing was reported by the complainant at the Challenge Police Station, Ibadan.
After arraignment , the 13-year -old boy apologised for the part he played in the crime .
“ On the fateful day , my brothers and I broke into the house. Afterwards , they gave me N 1, 000, and I used it to buy food, ” he told the court .
- Fed Poly Ede Fresher And Returning Students School Fees Payment Now On
- Federal Polytechnic Ede Returning Students Registration Procedure 2018/2019 Out
- 9 Things That’s Holding You Back From Achieving Your Goals
- “Una go kill me first” – Tobi says as he refuses to reconcile with CeeC
- Davido flaunts his second pre birthday gift; a diamond encrusted Ice chain (Photo)