The 2018 Ekimogun Festival in Ondo Town which was scheduled to hold in December this year has been cancelled following the death of Chairman of the Credit Switch Technology , Chief Ope Bademosi .
Bademosi , who was also the chairman of a socio -cultural organisation in the town, the Ondo Development Committee, was reported to have been killed last week by his cook , Sunday Anani in his Lagos home.
The suspect was , however , arrested at Yaba area of Ondo town by the men of the Nigeria Police while the deceased ’ s wife was also invited by the police for interrogation .
The cancellation of the 2018 edition of the festival was announced by the ODC in a statement on Wednesday by the Chairman of the Publicity Sub -committee of the organisation, Alhaji Yemi Adewetan .
According to the statement , the group described the murder of its chairman as callous and terrible .
The statement read in part, “ The Ondo Development Committee met and obtained the approval of the Osemawe -in-Council for the cancellation of the 2018 edition of the annual Ekimogun Day celebration. Our late chairman , Chief Bademosi , was a foundation member of the ODC ; past National Planning Chairman and for many years , Chairman of Association of Ondo Clubs in Lagos .
“ All Ondo sons and daughters with our well wishers should please continue to pray for the peace , progress and harmony in Ondo Kingdom. ”
- Fed Poly Ede Fresher And Returning Students School Fees Payment Now On
- Federal Polytechnic Ede Returning Students Registration Procedure 2018/2019 Out
- 9 Things That’s Holding You Back From Achieving Your Goals
- “Una go kill me first” – Tobi says as he refuses to reconcile with CeeC
- Davido flaunts his second pre birthday gift; a diamond encrusted Ice chain (Photo)