Afenifere chieftain, Chief Ayo Adebanjo has said that Social Democratic Party (SDP) candidate in the governorship election in Osun, Sen. Iyiola Omisore has committed political suicide by forming an alliance with the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Thursday’s rerun in the state.
The 90-year-old Adebanjo made this known while interacting with journalists on Wednesday night, hours after Omisore announced his alliance with the APC.
Adebanjo said that Omisore deceived him by initially telling him that he was not planning to form an alliance with the APC.
Recall that The NAIJAPARY on Wednesday reported that former Aviation Minister, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode lamented how Omisore gave him and Pa Adebanjo his word that he would not support the APC but reneged.
Fani-Kayode had described Omisore’s action as a “shame” .
Speaking on the alliance, Pa Adebanjo said, “He [Omisore] is on his own.
“Without no consultation with either the chairman of the SDP and Afenifere, he made the statement.
“He is completely on his on. Up till Tuesday night, he told me that there was nothing like that; it just shows the type of character he is.
“I can assure you that he will fail. It is a political miscalculation, he has committed a suicide.”
- Fed Poly Ede Fresher And Returning Students School Fees Payment Now On
- Federal Polytechnic Ede Returning Students Registration Procedure 2018/2019 Out
- 9 Things That’s Holding You Back From Achieving Your Goals
- “Una go kill me first” – Tobi says as he refuses to reconcile with CeeC
- Davido flaunts his second pre birthday gift; a diamond encrusted Ice chain (Photo)