The Academic Staff Union of Universities, University of Lagos Chapter , has ensured total compliance with the strike directive given by the union ’ s National Executive Committee.
The Chairman of the chapter , Dr Dele Ashiru, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Wednesday in Lagos .
He said that the chapter held a congress on Tuesday during which members resolved to join in the industrial action.
NAN reports that the ASUU NEC on Sunday declared a nationwide indefinite strike at a meeting at the Federal University of Technology , Akure .
The union is protesting poor funding of public universities , non- implementation of the 2009 agreement it entered into with the Federal Government .
It is also protesting alleged government plans to introduce tuition fees and an education bank.
According to Ashiru, the strike directive has been carried out fully in the institution .
“ We have achieved 100 per cent compliance with the directive handed to us by the union ’ s executives , ” he said .
- Ede Poly School Fees Increments – Students Union Meet Management
- We Are Ready To Negotiate With FG – ASUU
- 12-Year-Old Girl Miraculous Escapes After Being Kidnapped In Kwara. Photo
- Real Madrid Confirm Santiago Solari As Permanent Coach.
- See How Much Super Eagles Will Get For Each Goal Scored Against South Africa.